Thursday, February 8, 2018

Social activity

It's not easy to survive at Thailand for me, since English is not as daily language. It has its own language and alphabet. Most of information at the road is written in Thai alphabet. So I cannot ask to the public transportation drivers if I want to go somewhere by using English. It's pretty much look like Indonesia because we're also not as English speaking country, but with another difficulties such as It use another written form, so I cannot even read it moreover understand (sad).

glad that in my dormitory I got some friends (Students of PBRU) whom come from south area of Thailand. they use Malay language which is quite similar to Indonesian language (lol). I asked them to write down every addresses that I commonly go such as Aroonpradit (as my practicum school) and PBRU (my dorm location) in Thai written form. so I can show that to the driver (lol).

Mostly of south part of Thailand is Moslem, so I also asked them to tell me where is halal food, and they brought me to every Moslem places (also Masjid).




Every Thursday, they held an event of reading Al Qur'an together after Maghrib prayer for every Moslem students of PBRU. after that event, they asked me to share about my experience. they also asked me to teach them about English. as a foreigner, they treat me verry well (thank you guys).
I do really impressed of their will of learning English. every night, some of them come to my room to make a conversation in English as a practice they said.

It's kind of honor for me to see them fulfill their curiosity so hard and because they believe in me to help them. Alhamdulillah.


No comments:

Post a Comment